Friday, November 2, 2007

Got back from Portland a week ago to the smoke filled air of southern california. I have lived in so. ca for a total of 38 years and have never seen so much smoke in the air. It took me forever to get through LA and make my way down to north San Diego area to Fallbrook. The air was so thick with smoke it was hard to breathe. I could not get anywhere near the park where we lived as all of the roads were closed. What normally took 10 minutes to get into Fallbrook from the Interstate 15, took an hour and a half.

We stayed at Lesley's parent's house, they were lucky as the fire missed their home by 1,000 feet. They also have a great deal of smoke damage. The next day, Lesley and I went to her sister's restaurant in Fallbrook, The Firehouse Broiler, and we washed dishes from 12:30

No comments: